|'PGA Championship Pick The Hole Location Challenge Hosted by Jack Nicklaus Presented by Samsung' Returns with a New Swing at Valhalla's 16th Hole
Fans will be able to vote through Aug. 9 for final-round hole location on the par-4 16th hole. New this year, World Golf Tour will provide an interactive experience, which allows fans to "play" each of the hole locations on PGA.com before entering their selection. | more
|Top 100 Set to Compete in the 96th PGA Championship at Valhalla Golf Club
The top 100 players in the Official World Golf Ranking have committed to play in the 96th PGA Championship, Aug. 7-10, at Valhalla Golf Club in Louisville, Kentucky. Barring any withdrawals before the opening round, this would be the first time any major championship would feature every one of the top 100 world-ranked players.
|Junior PGA Champions to Earn PGA TOUR and LPGA Tour Exemptions
For the first time, the boys' and girls' division champions in both the 2014 and 2015 Junior PGA Championship presented by Under Armour and Genesis Networks will earn an exemption to compete at the 2015 Valero Texas Open and 2015 Swinging Skirts LPGA Classic, respectively. | more
|2014 Ryder Cup
U.S. Ryder Cup Captain Tom Watson held a media conference at the Greenbrier Classic in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia. | Read the transcript
MORE NEWS FROM THE PGA of AMERICA
- Ouray Sportswear Extends Golf Retirment Plus™ Sponsorship Through 2016
- "The Road to the PGA Championship" Re-Airs Begin Wednesday (July 30) on Golf Channel
- Antigua Renews Golf Retirement Plus™ Partnership Through 2016
May rounds played were up 1.4% and days open were up slightly 0.7% nationwide. May 2014 has been the first month this year with an increase in rounds over the same period in 2013. This results in a move of the YTD rounds played from -3.6% in April to -1.8% through May. On average, 32% of the nations annual rounds are played through May. Other key statistics include:
- A total of 29 states reported rounds played increases for the month of May. A majority of these experienced weather that was warmer, drier or typical for a May month.
- YTD 2014 had the fewest days open in PerformanceTrak history. In total, thirty-four states reported fewer days open this year compared to YTD May 2013. Yet, the YTD May 2014 rounds played per day open ranked 3rd highest in the last nine years.
- The first five months of this year have been the coldest since 1996. This was largely influenced by the eastern half of the country's colder/much-colder temperatures January through May. A majority of the states that reported decreases in play were colder, wetter or a combination or the two.
Click here to access PerformanceTrak News which provides rounds played and revenue results for May and YTD 2014.